Spicy Flax Seed and Seaweed Crackers
- 2 cups flax seeds (brown or golden)
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, diced to small pieces
- 1 whole habanero pepper, diced to small pieces
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of wakame seaweed, torn in pieces
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Dash of sea salt
Rinse and drain flax seeds. In a large bowl, soak flax seeds in pure water. Use enough water to cover seeds. Soak until seeds become gelatinous in texture. This process usually takes up to an hour.
In a small bowl, combine torn pieces of wakame with jalapeno and habanero peppers. After flax seeds become viscous, stir in all remaining ingredients.
Pour flax seed mixture onto teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 8 to 10 hours. As crackers start to dry on one side, turn teflex sheets upside down and peel off of crackers. Allow other side to dry. Once done, cut into squares or break into large pieces.